Imitation lobster is an affordable alternative to real lobster.
It’s delicious and tastes just like the real thing!
In fact, imitation lobster is made from real lobster meat and Japanese seafood, which is called Surimi.
Surimi is now a part of many cuisines, and there are tons of easy recipes that you can make with this delicious mock lobster.
The best thing about Surimi is that it’s fully cooked.
It just needs to be heated!
In today’s post, we’ve prepared some incredibly delicious and easy imitation lobster recipes that you’ll find super tasty. Let’s check them out!
1. Imitation Lobster Salad
The essential recipe you have to make with imitation lobster is, of course, imitation lobster salad.
Lobster salad is one of the easiest recipes you can make.
Additionally, the imitation lobster meat adds so much unique flavor to the salad.
This recipe is healthy and flavorful. Also, it can go well with any meal.
Here’s the best part:
You can make big patches of this tasty salad that last for days.
The imitation lobster will stay fresh in your fridge for up to three days.
Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need to make a delicious imitation lobster salad:
- 1 lb. imitation crab
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of dill
- Salt and pepper
- Start by mincing the shallot and celery into small, bite-sized cubes.
- In a small bowl, make the salad dressing by adding the mayonnaise, paprika, dill, salt and pepper, and lemon juice.
- After that, add the olive oil and constantly stir until you reach a cohesive dressing.
- Add the crab, shallot, and celery to a large bowl, then add the salad dressing.
- Toss the salad and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
2. Imitation Lobster Mac and Cheese
This recipe is a personal favorite of mine.
The mixture of creamy cheese, imitation lobster, and macaroni is out of this world.
Although we’re making the mac and cheese from scratch, anyone with basic cooking skills can tackle the recipe with no problem.
The imitation lobster adds a needed kick to the traditional mac and cheese.
So, if you need a change from the basic meal, just add some imitation lobster to it!
For this recipe, you can adjust the cheese mixture according to your liking.
You can use Gouda, Parmesan, Cream Cheese, or any cheese you love.
I highly recommend trying the Cheddar, Romano, and Gruyère mixture.
It’s very rich and goes well with the imitation lobster.
Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this cheesy heaven:
- 8 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of imitation lobster, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- ½ a stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons of plain all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Romano cheese
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, you’ll need to preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Then, start preparing the macaroni by adding it to boiling salted water and cooking for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Keep about two cups of the pasta water, then drain the macaroni.
- Give the macaroni a rinse and set it aside in the strainer.
- Add olive oil to a pan and sauté the onions until they become soft and translucent.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the shallot, garlic, and pasta water. Then, stir the mixture for 2 more minutes.
- Add the imitation lobster and stir for a couple more minutes before setting it aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add an equal amount of flour, stir and cook until golden to make a roux.
- Gradually add the milk to the saucepan while whisking consistently.
- Make sure to add only a little bit of milk at a time and keep whisking over medium heat to avoid having a lumpy mixture.
- After the consistency of the sauce becomes thick enough, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Cheddar, Romano, and Gruyère cheeses into the mixture and let them melt at medium heat.
- Mix the cooked pasta and the imitation lobster in the cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake the mac and cheese for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve the cheesy goodness while hot.
3. Imitation Lobster Rolls
Lobster rolls are a traditional dish in New England.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to pay a lot of money to eat a lobster roll the size of a hot dog bun.
Lucky for you, we have one of the best budget-friendly fake lobster recipes, the imitation lobster rolls!
Though this recipe is incredibly easy and affordable, it tastes amazing.
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make a mouthwatering lobster rolls:
- 1 pound of imitation lobster
- Bread rolls
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
The lobster rolls recipe is as easy as it gets.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to make the lobster rolls:
- In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and olive oil, then stir consistently until reaching a cohesive emulsion.
- Then, add the parsley, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Add the imitation lobster gradually and stir, making sure not to break the lobster apart.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Brush the bread with butter, and toast each bun in a pan until golden brown.
- Then, load the buns with the imitation lobster mixture.
4. Imitation Lobster Creamy Alfredo
Alfredo pasta is a popular Italian dish. The Alfredo sauce is creamy, cheesy, and buttery.
Typically, the Alfredo pasta is made with chicken pieces.
However, you’d be surprised at how good it tastes with imitation lobster instead of poultry.
The lobster adds so much depth to the sauce; all the flavors will be melting in your mouth!
You can replace the milk in this recipe with heavy cream for a more dense and creamy flavor.
5. Imitation Lobster Risotto
Are you a risotto lover?
This imitation lobster risotto is a must-try!
The recipe is made using crab, but you can simply replace it with mock lobster.
The mixture of veggies, rice, and crab is like no other.
It’s a tasty meal that’s packed with nutrients.
I could eat this meal pretty much every day and not get bored.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make a tasty lobster risotto:
- 2 pounds of imitation lobster, diced into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 cups seafood stock (substitute with water and 1 broth cube)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 small tomato, diced into cubes
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
You can proceed with the following steps to make the lobster risotto:
- In a pot, drizzle some olive oil and sauté the shallot until it’s translucent.
- Then, add the garlic and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Add the rice, and cook for 5 minutes with the shallots and garlic.
- Juice the entire lemon on the rice, then add the apple cider vinegar and stir continuously until the vinegar cooks down, or for 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, the diced tomato, and half of the stock.
- Let the rice cook until it absorbs the stock.
- Gradually ladle the rest of the stock onto your rice while continuously stirring.
- When the rice softens or reaches an al dente texture, add some lemon zest, imitation lobster, and cream cheese.
- Mix the rice and cheese thoroughly, and serve the creamy risotto while hot.
6. Mexican Lobster Cocktail
Inspired by the famous Mexican dish, the coctel de camarones, this Mexican imitation crab cocktail is an appetizer that will surely get your mouth watering.
The imitation crab cocktail is packed with tons of flavors.
With a spicy tomato sauce and limes, this recipe can indulge your palate, and it’s a great appetizer for any meal or even as a light dish.
Yeah, shrimps are great, but crab takes this recipe to a whole other level!
Grab some nachos, and enjoy the delight of the Mexican lobster cocktail.
7. Seafood Casserole
This recipe is for seafood lovers. We’re going all in with imitation lobster, imitation crab, and shrimp!
All the delicious seafood is mixed well with mayonnaise and cheese, which complements the taste of the seafood.
Here’s the best thing about this dish:
It’s super easy to make, and the ingredients are very simple!
Yet, this recipe is incredibly delicious.
It’s a must-try for any seafood lover.
8. Imitation Lobster Cakes
It’s crab cake time! Except for one thing, we’re making crab cakes with imitation lobster.
Imitation lobster works like magic in this recipe.
With the imitation lobster, every bite of the cake tastes like seafood heaven (especially with your favorite sauce!).
The cakes are crispy from the outside, but once you bite in, the insides will just melt in your mouth.
This recipe is intended to be an appetizer, but it’s so good that you can eat it as a standalone meal with some delicious sides.
9. Imitation Lobster Quiché
The French Quiché is a savory, creamy dish with a crust layer at the bottom.
What more could you ask for?
The delicious dish might be a little tricky to prepare, but it’s totally worth the effort.
It’s creamy and cheesy.
More importantly, the imitation lobster goes really well with the rest of the ingredients.
The imitation lobster Quiché is so delicious that you probably will want to keep the leftovers for the next day’s breakfast.
10. Seafood Enchiladas
This Mexican seafood enchilada is a unique dish that you’ll surely enjoy.
The recipe is mainly made with imitation crab, but you can swap that with imitation lobster, and it’ll taste even better.
The buttery mixture of the lobster, along with cheese, sour cream, and enchilada sauce, is out of this world.
Surprisingly, this seafood enchiladas recipe takes only around 15 minutes to prepare.
Make sure to eat it while it’s still hot!
11. Sautéed Imitation Crab with Onions
This is, by far, the easiest recipe on our list. It simply doesn’t get easier than this.
It gets better:
You can eat it as a main dish or as a side dish.
The sautéed imitation crab is a simple recipe.
You can swap the crabs with imitation lobster, or you can use a mixture of both.
This dish can be ready in a matter of minutes.
It’s simple, yet very delicious!
If you want to enjoy the taste of imitation crabs with minimal additions, this recipe is for you.
12. Imitation Lobster Crescent Loaf
Imagine a crescent loaf loaded with imitation lobster and dill cream cheese.
It’s no secret that lobster goes well with cream cheese, but combining it with a layer of baked goods is even better!
If you appreciate savory bakeries, this one is a must-try.
More importantly, this recipe is yummy and easy to prepare!
It’s a perfect snake for game day, and kids love it.
13. Golden Lobster Sticks
Need a quick, healthy snack?
The lobster sticks can be ready in no time.
You’ll just need to dredge the imitation lobster in the flour first, and then the eggs and the breadcrumbs.
Then, place them in your air fryer. Et voilà!
Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce, and you’ve got yourself a delicious snack.
This amazing recipe is kids-approved, and it’ll find its way into your children’s lunchbox.
14. Lobster Bisque
Winter is coming, and what better way to face the cold weather than with a hot lobster bisque!
The lobster bisque is thick, creamy, and flavorful!
Although it takes some time to cook this recipe, it’s worth it!
Additionally, you can freeze the lobster bisque and reheat it whenever you want.
It can stay for up to three months in the freezer.
15. Imitation Lobster Pizza
Saving the best for last, lobster pizza might seem like a weird idea for some people, but they’re missing out on so much!
The imitation lobster is a perfect topping for a light, crusty pizza.
I prefer it with a garlic lemon sauce and Parmesan cheese.
I like to add a generous amount of lobster as well.
You want to have some lobster on each bite you take.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to enjoy a lobster dish! Imitation lobster tastes just as good, and it’s full of nutrients.
There are tons of imitation lobster meat recipes out there. We’ve picked the best ones for you, so we hope you enjoy them.
15 Imitation Lobster Recipes to Dine on
- Seafood Salad
- Lobster Mac and Cheese
- Imitation Lobster Rolls
- Creamy Alfredo with Imitation Lobster
- Imitation Lobster Risotto
- Mexican Lobster Cocktail
- Seafood Casserole
- Imitation Lobster Cakes
- Imitation Lobster Quiché
- Seafood Enchiladas
- Sautéed Crab and Lobster with Onions
- Lobster Crescent Loaf
- Fried Lobster Sticks
- Imitation Lobster Bisque
- Pizza with Imitation Lobster
- Choose your desired imitation lobster recipe.
- Gather and organize needed ingredients.
- Create a tasty imitation lobster recipe to complete your meal!