Best Egg Slicers Reviewed and Tested
IKEA egg slicer shown in photo. See more info here.
Ever since the start of the 20th century, egg slicers have proved themselves as a staple in every good kitchen.
As the name suggests, egg slicers are used to slice eggs into uniform pieces. Yes, you could do this with a sharp knife, but this way your egg slices will be evenly sliced and aesthetically pleasing, perfect for serving breakfast to your family or guests.
And since you are here, you’re probably wondering what are the best egg slicers out there. This isn’t always easy when you consider all the different types of designs and materials that these handy gadgets are made of.
Not to worry, we break down some of the most popular and widely used models available.
Here is a list of top ten best egg slicers on the market, so you can decide which one suits your needs the best.
Our Top 3 Picks
- Westmark Egg Slicer
- Stainless steel
- Japanese Egg Slicer
- Prepworks Egg Slicer
- Sharp wires
10 Best Egg Slicers
The base and the handle of the body are made from aluminium which makes this product really light. Even though the body is made from light materials, it doesn’t bend easily, you will have to put a lot of pressure on it to break it. I reckon that’s the quality German engineering at work. In a case that it actually breaks, Westmarks offers 5 year warranty on its products, so you don’t have to stress about it too much.
Generally, all standard egg slicers are affordable. Westmark’s egg slicer is no exception. Even though it’s cheap, the quality is still impeccable.
If you like German engineering and quality egg slicers, Westmark is definitely the best egg slicer out there.
- Stainless steel: The wires are made from sturdy and quality stainless steel that is rust free and will stay sharp for a long time.
- Dishwasher safe: The whole construction is quite sturdy, so you can safely wash it in a dishwasher.
- Warranty: If something happens to your egg slicer, you can easily replace it or get your money back, since Westmark offers a 5 year warranty period.
- Non replaceable wires: Sadly, the individual wires are not replaceable.
The wires are made from stainless steel, so they won’t rust nor will they get damaged easily. The body and the handle are constructed from light aluminium. The handle feels quite comfortable in your hand, even though it’s a bit flimsy.
This stainless steel egg slicer is cheap even by the standards of egg slicers.
The price and the pros are definitely the selling point of this product. If you want a really cheap egg slicer, then this one is the best egg slicer for you.
- Doesn’t weigh much: Weighs only , making it really easy to handle.
- Dishwasher safe: Even though some parts are a bit flimsy, it is perfectly safe for a dishwasher.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel ensures that the wires will not rust.
- Handle is flimsy: Handle feels flimsy, but generally stays in one place.
Prepworks egg slicer does what an egg slicer should, but also a bit more. It can chop and slice any soft food, mushrooms, veggies, strawberries, and nothing will stick to it. So if you decide on washing it by hand, putting under a stream of water should be just enough.
Prepworks by Progressive Compact Egg Slicer is a very cheap egg slicer, cheaper than a lot its competition.
Prepworks by Progressive Compact Egg Slicer is not the best egg slicer on the market, but it is good enough to chop your eggs and vegetables. If you want a cheap, reliable egg slicer, then Prepworks by Progressive Compact Egg Slicer will serve that purpose.
- Sharp wires: Wires are really sharp and will stay sharp since they are made from stainless steel
- Not a lot of unnecessary parts: There is not a lot of parts on this products and there’s nothing that can break, or to get in your way during your kitchen work
- Dishwasher safe: As there’s not a lot of parts, it is safe to wash it in a dishwasher, there’s no danger of anything breaking during the wash.
- Wires tend to snap: Wires tend to snap rather quickly
4. Norpro Egg
As I said, Norpro egg slicer also comes with a garnishing tool and an egg piercer. You can use your egg piercer to pierce your eggs so they don’t crack while boiling. And when you are using your slicer for anything else, you can lock off your egg piercer to avoid injuries.
Even though it has more tools than usual slicers, the price is the same, if not cheaper.
This is definitely the best egg slicer if you want something multifunctional, something that can slice, garnish, pierce your eggs and slice them into different shapes.
- 4 tools in 1: It contains 4 tool; slicer with 10 stainless-steel wires, an egg piercer, a garnishing tool and a wedge tool.
- Stainless steel wires: The wires on both the garnishing and the slicer are made from stainless steel that doesn’t rust and stays sharp for a long time.
- Difficult to clean: With a plethora of tools that it has, it proves to be difficult to clean, with tiny pieces of produce jamming into the crevices of the tool.
5. New Star 42634
There is not much in term of moving or unnecessary parts in this New Star’s egg slicer, which makes it really sturdy and firm. You can safely put it in a dishwasher without worrying about it falling apart into pieces during the wash.
New Star’s slicer is a bit pricier than the rest, but still affordable.
New Star’s slicer is definitely one of the best egg slicers that you can buy. If you are looking for something that will slice for a long time, then this is a quality buy for you.
- Sturdy: The lack of unnecessary parts make New Star’s egg slicer really sturdy and resistant to damage caused by prolonged use, heavy pressure, falls, etc.
- Simple: Not much to it, just slices eggs, veggies, mushrooms, fruit, does what it’s supposed to do.
- 3 slicing styles: It can slice food vertically, horizontally or into wedge shaped pieces.
- Difficult to clean: Tiny egg pieces can get stuck on the bottom of the slicer and they can get pretty difficult to get out.
6. OXO Good Grips
Oxo Good Grips styles comes in a black and white colour and generally looks nice. I know the colour definitely is not the most important thing when it comes to the matter of egg slicers, but it sure does help when an egg slicer doesn’t stick out as a sore thumb in your kitchen.
OXO Good Grips Egg Slicer is on the cheap side, so it is easily affordable.
OXO Good Grips Egg Slicer is heavy, sturdy and generally a good egg slicer. If you are looking for something like that, then this just might be the best egg slicer for you.
- Dishwasher safe: Not a lot of moving or flimsy parts ensure that you can wash it in a dishwasher without having to worry about it falling apart.
- Sturdy: The base of egg slicer is built to last. Won’t break easily if you drop it or put too much pressure on it.
- Good grip: Built from such a material that ensures that the egg slicer won’t slip from your hands.
- Weak wires: Wires tend to snap sometimes if you are careless when slicing the eggs, so you have to be careful and position the eggs properly.
7. Good Cook 13545
The other thing that you will notice after the obvious small size of the egg slicer, are the wires. The wires are made from the quality stainless steel and they will cut through egg with ease, and in an addition to that, they won’t rust.
Good Cook 13545 Egg Slicer Tool is a cheap and an easily affordable egg slicer.
With all the pros in minds, I thinks this Good Cook’s egg slicer is a quality buy and I highly recommend it, definitely one of the best egg slicers on the market.
- Small size and weight: Good Cook’s egg slicer was built with compactness in minds, that why it’s so small and weighs only 8,5 grams.
- Sharp wires: Wires are made from good quality stainless steel and won’t bend easily, nor will they rust.
- Non-slip base: Base is made in such a way that it won’t slip from your hands during use.
- Will not cut bigger eggs or mushrooms all the way through: Due to the size, it might not cut some bigger eggs or mushrooms properly.
8. Westmark Multipurpose
Another thing that’s specific to this egg slicer is its clamp-like shape. The way that it’s shaped enables you to pick it up and use it any way you like, it doesn’t have stay stationary like any of the classic egg slicers.
Westmark’s a bit pricier than rest of the egg slicer on this list, but still affordable.
Even though the Westmark’s egg slicer is a bit pricy, it’s still worth the purchase because you’ll only have to buy it once. Certainly takes a place as one the best egg slicers on the market.
- Distinct clamp shape: It it shaped like a clamp, so you can use without it having to be stationary on the table.
- Stainless steel: The blades are made from high quality stainless steel, which ensure that they will stay sharp for a long time
- Superior German production: Wesmark’s egg slicer is made in Germany with superior materials, guaranteeing that it will stay with you for a long time
- Easy to wash: It is pretty simple, you can just clean it with a bit of soap and hot water.
- Too small for large eggs: It can slice smaller eggs with ease, but it sometimes happens that it squishes some parts of bigger eggs.
Zyliss egg slicer also features an egg piercing tool that you can use to pierce your eggs and prevent them from cracking when you are boiling them.
ZYLISS Egg Slicer is very cheap, even for the standards of egg slicers.
If you want a cheap multipurpose egg cutting tool, than Zyliss is one of the best egg slicers you can buy.
10. Gourmia GCU9265
It also features stainless steel wires that can cut eggs into two different styles, either into thin slices or even wedges, all that while staying rust free.
Gourmia GCU9265 Egg Slicer is cheap and affordable.
Cheap. Sturdy. Sharp. If you are not offset by its colour, then this is be the best egg slicer for you.
- Stainless steel wires: Wires are made from stainless steel, which ensures that they won’t rust
- Dishwasher safe: All parts are quite sturdy, so it is safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- Multiple cutting styles: This egg cutter slices egg into two different styles, strips and wedges.
- Colouring: The model comes in an olive-green colouring, which is not that stylish
Q: What size of an egg slicer should I buy?
This depends on your preference. Larger egg slicers are a bit sturdy but have to be stationary during use. Smaller models are not as strong, but you can use them without the need for them to stay stationary.
Q: Can I wash them in a dishwasher?
You can wash most of the egg slicer models in a dishwasher. Some models require a hand wash, but that doesn’t present any issues, since it’s pretty easy to do.
Q: What kind of material should I aim for?
You should only buy egg slicers with blades and wires from stainless steel. You don’t want wires breaking, and stainless steel models will provide many years of use.
Q: What’s best for large or jumbo eggs?
We like the IKEA egg slicer (Model: 802.139.84 – See more info here) shown in photo at the top of this page. It’s design and robust materials allow it to accommodate jumbo eggs more easily, making it one of the best egg slicers available for the price.