Amazing Recipes with Hot Sauce to Make Your Mouth Water
Chilies have a prestigious history in America. Christopher Columbus brought them to the US to use to preserve meats. They were completely unlike any other kind of vegetable known at the time.
The different flavors and levels of spice provided by the peppers completely revolutionized the cooking and culture of the country.
Incorporating chilies into sauce isn’t a new thing either, the first hot sauce products were advertised in the 1800s.
Today, you can make countless recipes with hot sauce using a variety of foods from around the world, including Mexican food (quesadillas, anyone?) and Asian fare, or anything in between that you prefer to kick up a notch.
From Texas to Louisiana, there are so many different, flavorful varieties to choose from.
Here are two amazing recipes that you can incorporate your favorite hot sauce into.
Southern Fried Chicken Burgers
Anyone can put a bit of hot sauce on a burger, but using it in your chicken marinade and coating will take your Southern Fried Chicken to a whole new level.
This chicken burger recipe is a quick and easy classic that will delight your family and friends.
The coating is super crunchy and the delicious hot sauce will give your burger a real kick. It is perfect with a beer, for a Friday night dinner.
□ 4 chicken thighs with the skin removed
□ All-purpose flour
□ Baking soda
□ Cracked black pepper
□ 1 tbsp Kosher salt
□ 1 tsp garlic powder
□ 1 tsp onion powder
□ 3 medium eggs
□ 3 tbsp hot sauce
□ 4 rashers of crispy bacon
□ 100g Grated Cheddar
□ Crisp lettuce
□ 4 Brioche buns
- Mix together the eggs, your favorite hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper in a bowl.
- Put the thighs in with this marinade and make sure that they are completely coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for two hours.
- Heat a saucepan of vegetable oil up to 420 F, in preparation for cooking your chicken.
- In the meantime mix your flour, baking soda, kosher salt and black pepper in a bowl. This is for coating your chicken.
- Remove the thighs from the marinade and thoroughly coat the chicken. Shake off any excess flour before putting the chicken into the oil.
- Fry the chicken for around 8 minutes, until the coating is crispy and a medium brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and leave on kitchen towel to dry for a few minutes.
- Lightly toast your Brioche buns.
- Fill your buns with your delicious Southern Fried Chicken, grated cheddar, crispy bacon and crisp lettuce. Add a little extra hot sauce for that extra kick!
Buffalo Veggie Swirls
These buffalo veggie swirls are an absolute crowd-pleaser at a party. They’re easy to prepare in advance, and go perfectly with a beer while you’re watching the big game.
You can be inventive when it comes to your choice of vegetables, or even swap these out for chicken or bacon.
They are a recipe that children will love helping out on, and can be baked in the oven in just 20 minutes.
□ 1 red bell pepper
□ 1 yellow bell pepper
□ 1 zucchini
□ 100g cherry tomatoes
□ 1 packet of ready roll puff pastry
□ 2 eggs
□ 150g grated cheddar
□ 4 tbsp hot sauce
□ Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 380 F.
- Slice your bell peppers and zucchini into thin strips, and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Coat the vegetables with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and allow to cool. This can be done the day before you want to eat your buffalo swirls if necessary.
- Roll the pastry out onto a well-floured surface.
- Spread your hot sauce thinly over the pastry and sprinkle with the grated cheddar.
- Cover your pastry with the roasted vegetables. You will then need to roll the pastry up lengthwise, carefully making sure that your vegetables remain inside.
- Once you have a long roll, cut this into pieces 1 ½ inches wide in order to create your swirls.
- Lay these out flat on a baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl mix your eggs so that the white and yolk are incorporated.
- Brush the egg mix over your veggie swirls, to create a nice glaze when they are cooking.
- Bake your Buffalo Veggie Swirls in the oven at 380 F for around 15 minutes.
- The pastry should be a light brown color and crispy.
- Allow to cool before eating, or enjoy them warm, while the cheddar is still melty.
Your favorite hot sauce can make a delicious addition to so many tasty recipes. You can use it to enhance the flavor of your meals and give your food a real spicy bite.