5 Kitchen Tools That You Should Always Have In Your Home
Some people believe that the kitchen is the heart of the home.
It is, after all, the place where families bond over creating hearty food and delicious desserts.
If cooking and/or baking is your passion, you know how crucial it is to have the right tools in your kitchen arsenal.
While you don’t have to buy every culinary equipment and device you find, you should invest in high-quality basic utensils to make your life easier.
Here are the top five kitchen tools that you should always have in your home:
1. Food Processor
A sturdy food processor can reduce your prep and cooking time to ensure that food is placed on your table before everyone goes hungry.
This appliance can chop, shred, slice, and grind virtually anything that you put inside it.
You can choose from a variety of sizes and capacity, from as small as two cups up to 13.
There are also different types of blades to aid you in achieving the kind of texture that you want for your dish.
This tool is ideal if you want to cook in batches or for a large number of people since it can chop ingredients in bulk quickly.
Moreover, it also helps you create healthy food from scratch with ease.
2. Cheese Slicer
While food processors can chop and shred almost any food, there are some items that are too delicate for the equipment.
One such ingredient is cheese. That’s why you need a dedicated cheese slicer for your savory dairy needs.
This tool comes with built-in blades, wires, and adjustment dials to slice cheese seamlessly.
Regardless of whether you’re a fan of hard cheese or its softer counterparts, you’ll be adding cheese into every recipe that you find.
A cheese slicer is a must-have tool for your kitchen because you should use the freshest ingredients for your meals.
Pre-cut cheese doesn’t taste quite as good as slices that come directly from a block.
3. Slow Cooker
To create hearty meals, you’ll need a slow cooker.
This appliance is used for simmering food at a lower temperature, which makes it best for making soups and stews.
The primary benefit of slow cookers is that they are a set-it-and-leave-it device.
This means that you can cook food in the morning, leave for work, and return to find a warm dinner ready for your family.
Some tips to make the most out of your slow cooker experience:
- Reduce Prep Time – You can prepare meals even quicker by cutting and slicing ingredients the night before. You can also cook some ingredients ahead, like browning the onions and meat, for enhanced flavors.
- Cook Cheap Cuts – With slow cookers, you can use cheap cuts that typically have harder meat, such as pork shoulder and beef brisket. This is because slow cooking can make them tender.
- Lessen Liquid – Because this appliance is covered, water doesn’t evaporate as quickly as traditional cooking. With this, you can add less liquid if you don’t like a watery dish.
- Add Flour – For meals with thicker sauces, you can mix flour and a little cold water to make a paste then pour it into the pot. You can also roll the meat into seasoned flour for a coating that will be dissolved in the liquid.
- Keep It Low – As much as possible, cook using the lowest setting on the cooker to bring out the flavors of the dish. Plus, you won’t worry about overcooking the meat with this preset.
4. Vegetable Peeler
In this day and age, where junk food is convenient while healthy options are painstaking to prepare, you should invest in a high-quality vegetable peeler.
This can cut down your prep time when making nutritious dishes and boost the chances that you actually cook healthy food.
Most peelers are y-shaped tools that have a handle on one end and a blade on the other. This makes the process of peeling potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables easier.
5. Immersion Blender
An immersion blender is a handheld device that you dip into a liquid to ensure that all ingredients are mixed into a homogenous combination.
This tool is valuable for cooking a large meal that exceeds the capacity of a regular blender.
It’s helpful for creating purees, sauces, and even frothy beverages.
Cooking and baking are simpler and more convenient with the right tools.
Food processors, cheese slicers, slow cookers, vegetable peelers, and immersion blenders make achieving your culinary goals more possible.
Invest in high-quality kitchen equipment so that they last a long time while ensuring your safety.