Different Types of Coffee and Their Health Benefits
Drinking a daily cup of coffee can bring you tons of health benefits.
Caffeine boosts your short-term memory because it affects the memory and concentration areas of the brain.
Coffee, like those from Home Grounds, is a rich source of antioxidants, helps curb some types of cancers, reduce the risk of diabetes, improves cardiovascular health, and helps promote a healthy liver.
It also enhances exercise performance and curbs depression.
In this post, you’ll learn the different types of coffee and the nutritional benefit of each.
One of the most favorite types of coffee is a cappuccino. It’s an espresso-based coffee that is made with a thick layer of foam and steamed milk. This coffee has a bold taste, so it’s considered as the most preferred coffee variety.
Here are the health benefits of cappuccino:
- A cup of cappuccino or 180 ml a day significantly prevents bad cholesterol oxidation.
- It prevents heart problems.
- Cappuccino lowers the risk of stroke by 20%.
- You can drink cappuccino without sugar to keep your blood sugar under control.
- This type of coffee assists you in proper digestion.
If you want to gain energy while enjoying a delicious drink, try the espresso, which is quite similar to the famous South Indian filter coffee.
It lifts your mood whenever you’re on a bad day while helping you maintain a healthy body and a sharp mind. Just add the fresh ground coffee powder in a hot cup of water and get your daily boost.
Here are the health benefits of espresso:
- Espresso is high in antioxidants to get rid of free radicals that cause cancer and disease.
- It’s a powerhouse of polyphenols, which help fight various infections and allergies.
- It also helps prevent smoking and UV rays hazards.
- It’s low in calories, so it won’t make you fat.
For people with a sweet tooth, the mocha frappe is a good choice. It’s made from coffee, condensed milk, sugar, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup, providing instant energy.
Here are the health benefits of mocha frappe:
- It fights depression.
- Mocha frappe maintains a healthy liver.
- It relieves muscle pain and maintains bone density.
Green Bean Coffee
The latest trend in the coffee world is made from unroasted coffee beans. It’s high in chlorogenic acid.
The coffee bean extract is mixed with sugar, cardamom, or honey, and hot water. Green coffee beans are believed to aid in weight loss.
Here are the health benefits of green bean coffee:
- It’s rich in antioxidants.
- It’s lower in blood pressure.
- Green bean coffee improves blood circulation.
Arabica coffee beans are the most common type of coffee worldwide.
It offers several nutritional benefits. Drink coffee moderately to limit the fattening additives. This black coffee has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
It also contains phytochemicals, such as quinic acid and chlorogenic acid that helps prevent cancer.
Here are the other health benefits of Arabica coffee:
- Arabica coffee contains vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, manganese, niacin, riboflavin, and B vitamins, which are vital for proper cellular functioning, most especially the nervous system.
- Brewed coffee is also good for hydration as it supplies water in the body with diuretic properties for proper electrolyte balance.
- Arabica coffee has a trace of sodium and high potassium for proper blood pressure regulation.
It is made with espresso that is mixed with milk foam and steamed milk. The different unique flavors of latte include beetroot latte, turmeric latte, mushroom latte, carrot cake latte, and rainbow latte.
Here are the health benefits of latte:
- Drinking latte decreases your risk of type II diabetes.
- It makes the skin healthy.
- Latte can also help fight infections.
- It boosts the memory.
- It relieves muscle pain.
This type of coffee is usually offered in restaurants, which involves mixing steaming hot coffee, sugar, Irish whiskey, and thick cream together. It is traditionally served in Irish coffee mugs and provides excellent health benefits.
Here are the health benefits of drinking Irish coffee:
- Irish coffee reduces your risk of heart disease.
- It helps prevent Parkinson’s disease and other degenerative diseases.
- It improves blood circulation and oxygenation.
- This coffee reduces your risk of developing diabetes.
- It also curbs your appetite to aid in weight loss
- It decreases your risk of stroke.
Coffee has plenty of healthy benefits. It has anti-inflammatory effects, antioxidants, and memory boosters for a healthier body and mind.
There’s no doubt why many people love to drink coffee because it helps set the mood for an energetic day ahead, with full confidence, hard work, and good health.